More information (Advanced)

So I want to have, in a year time, a poem, with the theme: a Girl with a dream, from every country in the whole world! You have to be 15 years old, and you have to be a girl. I want YOU to write a poem in your OWN language. Send your poem and the English translation to: iamagirlwithadream@gmail.com I will combine all the poems in a book. And I hope to find a sponsor so I can send you a copy of the book, if you’ve write in it of course. I want to give the book to an beautiful organisation: Plan international (http://plan-international.org/girls/) to support their: Because I’m a girl project.

So, keep writing!

Monday 27 December 2010

The second! AND third!

Hi!
Yeah! I love today! 2 poems! Thank you sooo much! Your poems are beautiful! The first poem is from Rachel, from Jamaica.

Dream and Smile

When I’m walking on street
Or sitting in a café
When I’m on plane in the big blue sky
Or if I’m simply driving on to school
I can’t help but to think about you
And what’s your face showing.

In the day, I can’t help but to dream
Because it’s better for me, because it’s easier
Effortless to think up ways
To turn these nights
Into days
I wanna live in the sun
I want everyone to look up
And smile with the sun
And for it to be real

So I grin, and I beam
So that it can be seen
That it is indeed, better

The second poem is from Breanna, from the USA.  

The Dream of a Child

They say that the United States is filled of dreams and hope,
but what they don't tell you is that its filled of lies and dope.
That its filled of death and laws that are getting shorter,
with young kids you can buy off the street for a quarter.
I have hope, a dream of change,
because when I look of how we are living,
it looks kinda strange.
But what can I do to bring change?
When I speak all it does is bring range.
I am just a young girl living in a world wrong.
Dreaming of a world that will one day get along.

Once again, thank you so much!
Keep writing!
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment